Produced by matting, pressing and condensing of the fibers, Felt Products are used in variety of applications for clothing, rugs, footwear etc. Felts are produced either by pressing or needling and both the processes are employed for entangling and interlocking of the fibers. These can be made from either natural fibers like wool or from synthetic fibers like acrylic or rayon. Felts are considered as one of the most versatile industrial fabrics with characteristics different from any other fabric available in the market.
Some of the advantages of using felts for applications includes:
- Cuts to a uniform edge without any ravels or frays
- Physical properties remains intact even after it wears
- Excellent resilient properties, it can be compressed and released innumerable times
- Sound insulator and used in airplanes, cars etc where sound deadening is required
- High filtration ability and is used in gas and liquid applications